Since we announced our big news, I’ve been searching for the perfect pieces for our wee bébé. I’ve been amazed by the vast selection of beautiful baby items out there begging me to add them to my wishlist (and registry!). I purchased this onesie a few weeks ago because it was just too perfect to pass up. It got me thinking about what French-inspired items I’d like to incorporate into my future Francophile’s little world. It wasn’t hard to find a collection of goodies that are at once understated, sweet, and tres French. I’ve linked them all below for your shopping pleasure!
- Mon Bébé onesie: I love the minimalist lettering and black and white palette of this sweet little organic cotton outfit. It was in the running for our baby announcement photos because it’s so sweetly stated!
- The Little Prince Pop-Up book: When I was learning to speak French this book was one of my most helpful companions (still learning btw). There’s a little magic in these pages and I can’t wait to share a little French philosophy with my own little prince or princess.
- Dover Dachshund: A dog wearing a beret. Need I say more?
- Je t’aime print: A sweet sentiment accompanied by an even sweeter treat. I think this would look wonderful in a simple gold frame for a nursery gallery wall.
- Bringing Up Bébé book: This guide to French parenthood is entertaining and practical (and would pair sweetly with the onesie above for a thematic gift).
- Seersucker Sunhat: Having a summer baby means lots of sun protection for the little one’s sensitive eyes and skin. This feels so classic. I can easily picture babies in Paris wearing these for romps around the park.
- Le Petit Baby Book: I already purchased this for keeping track of all of baby’s milestones. I like that it’s darling but not overly saccharine and the design is oh-so-French.
- Organic Babies Lavender Baby Wash and Shampoo: A little piece of Provence for bath time. An added perk? Lavender is known to soothe and calm making this a perfect start to a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Leather Ballet Flats: These little ballet flats remind me so much of the real thing. I love how simple they are and can imagine them with so many little outfits.
- Macaron rattles: What better way to whet baby’s appetite for a lifetime of French pastries than these hand-knit rattles?
- Striped Onesie: Is there anything more adorably French than sailor stripes? I think not.
- Bonjour Wooden Blocks: These remind me so much of art I saw in a gallery in St. Michel. The bold color and lettering feels so fresh and playful. Perfect for displaying and playing!
Bon shopping, mes amis!