Last week in Hilton Head I found myself positively living in kimonos. I acquired several at Anthropologie’s employee sample sales when I was working there full-time as a copywriter this past winter and had been saving them for the trip. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! I felt like Iris Apfel meets Edie Sedgwick lounging around in drapey, gauzy patterned silhouettes that left *plenty* of room for my bump. I think I’ll enjoy wearing them for years to come through all the many phases and shapes my body takes along the way. Bonus points for pairing with oversized sunglasses and wild beach hair.
- Starting from the top left, this blue batik and floral kimono features wide sleeves for added boho vibes (I was worried this might make me feel like a wizard, but it’s more of a beach goddess who maybe casts spells in her free time vibe).
- Rainbow pom poms. Need I say more? I really like the length of this playful kimono and the fact that it will match any suit under the sun.
- Mmmm this patterned kimono vaguely reminds me of a tapestry I had in college that I loved in the best way possible. I would totally wear this with distressed denim shorts and a white bikini top.
- The sheer voile fabric gives this cherry blossom inspired kimono an ultra-feminine feel.
- Knotted trim and a neutral hue make this kimono feel a touch vintage and timeless all at once. I would probably wear this one the most of all of these options because of its versatility.
- The drape on this blue beauty is so lovely. I wore this Bali-inspired kimono all last week and never tired of it.